Saturday, January 12, 2013

Witnessing

So, we finally got a letter today from the courthouse on why we haven't received our marriage certificate.  One of our witnesses put the wrong house number on his address and crossed out ONE number.  Well any alterations or unintelligible writing makes the certificate invalid!   I can't believe all the waiting and worrying over ONE number!  Now we have to get the officiant to sign another form and pay another $30.  I was complaining before the wedding what a drag changing my name would be; now I am really frustrated.  So warning to all your witnesses, it's a harder job than you think!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is awful! You'd think the officiant would have known that....

    Although does this technically mean you're not married? I think this calls for another ceremony :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!