Thursday, January 24, 2013

When is it my turn?

I thought I was too liberal for my
conservative mother in law. I saw myself as a she devil who had sex before marriage and would drag her son to hell. But never judge a book by it's cover. The more I asked questions about her life and such, the more I found we had in common. All these assumptions I was making were unfair on myself and her. We had one big thing in common and that is that we both love J. I took this to heart and now make an effort to keep the dialogue open and a hand written card really goes a long way.
It has literally taken years to chip away the delicate layers and see that true love is there. I get the best, most thoughtful presents and cards from her. I tell her all the time what a great son she made! We do have disagreements and that's when I have to think back to what MY mom said. "It will all change when you have kids." lols

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!