Monday, January 14, 2013

Babies and Stuff

I love babies. I am that overly enthusiastic woman in the grocery store that can't stop staring and making silly faces at your baby. Everyone knows that lady that either excites and brings laughter or scares and brings tears to your baby. Either way I'm sure you want me to stop. I can't help it. For as long as I can remember I've dreamt of having my own family. Now that I am married the next logical step would appear to be having children. For the last year it's felt like the want to have babies has grown exponentially, and I've been begging my husband for one (or two). He gives me a sweet smile and says what he really feels, which is simply that he is not ready for little ones. Many days I daydream of having a little Brian running around and then I sigh to myself. Brian says he wouldn't want to take that step for at least another two years.

Strangely something inside of me has changed. Lately the thought of crying babies, the inability to make random or spontaneous decisions, the money and most importantly the responsibility for another person's life has made the choice to stay baby-less sounds better and better. I am unsure of what has brought this on, maybe it's talking to those who have children who encourage the wait or the fact that I've been more aware of the fun of just being a couple able to do what we please. Maybe even both. The older I get the harder it gets to think of the great responsibility of children. This must be a junction that many women face so I'll just keep enjoying the married life as it is now. I'm sure Brian and I will do whatever we feel is best for us, and either decision will be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I think its a good idea to wait until you are all settled in. I mean, you lose so many opportunities having children young. And I think for many who say you don't, it is often because they are neglecting the child's needs or their personal responsibility. I like to have my ducks in a row, and enjoy what life throws me, rather than rushing to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!