Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is it time for a contest yet?

My favorite time as a budget bride was when I got something for nothing... or next to nothing. This was because weddings were so much more expensive than I had ever dreamed! My husband and I were paying for the event ourselves, and wanted to stretch our money as much as possible for the important stuff like showing our parents a special time, without throwing ourselves into debt, which is no way to start a life together. I entered many contests, won a few great prizes, and learned a lot about myself in the process. Every little bit helped weave the fantasy into a reality. I was blessed by many good friends who offered their services and expertise to help fill out my baby budget.

I am also the girl who haphazardly ended up with 6-- count that-- 6 wedding dresses.

Now that the dust is settling on my life, it may be time to give back.

Over the next year or so we hope to raffle off some of our favorite pieces from our own weddings, and maybe a few brand new keepsakes and a brand new wedding gown to lucky blog readers and those who like our page on facebook and follow us on twitter.

So here goes:
After 30 Facebook Likes or 20 unique people's comments on the blog, we will raffle away our first prize.

So get liking! https://www.facebook.com/PaperTrailsMarriage

For now its a surprise, but its something every lady can use on her wedding day.

2 comments:

Thanks for sharing!