Tuesday, February 19, 2013

That was then or is it now?

I love the forties & fifties fashion, music and the hopeful spirit of the American family. I have a friend who is completely immersed in that era and vacuums with a vintage machine in her high heels and vintage dress! Well I am not that obsessed I do find it hard to accept those that think old fashioned about my place in the kitchen. My whole purpose in life is not based on how clean I keep the house. I was actually disgusted at the pope's comments that sometimes a woman deserves a beating for not cooking, cleaning and keeping her husband happy! How ludicrous!

My husband knows I would rather go to work 12 hours a day than stay at home being a maid. There is more to life than pleasing others. One has to expand yourself and find those hidden talents. Often those are just as rewarding to others as much as it rewards yourself. Taking pride in being a contributing force is what makes people happy. And if momma ain't happy, nobody is happy.

These ads are lies making you think they know what being a good wife/woman is. The last one is so condescending implying all women are useless. But since I think these are foolish, I will have to chart my own, new way.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!