Tuesday, February 5, 2013

He's not heavy, he's my husband.

Being the big sister of the family, I always felt an obligation to help my younger siblings. After all, I had a high-paying job since I was 16 and have always shopped at thrift stores. My biggest expense was rent, and that was because I insisted on living in my own place. So, how did I get to the point where I can't support myself anymore? Up until now we have split everything right down the middle and I didn't live above my means. I want to be the feminist, Independant woman I claim to be. So why can't I keep my head above water? One thing is for sure is that I have put in plenty of hours at work. (I actually had a 22 hour work day this year and only got $100 for it!)

It makes me feel like such a burden to my family to not be able to give them any help. My mom says every couple goes through this when they are first starting out. But I feel like I have been eating Ramen for the past 10 years, when do we get a break? J reminded me that my hard work is paying off and I have nowhere to go but up. It had been weighing so heavily on my mind; it was a relief to finally have real support. For so long I made sure to always look out for myself and help family when I could. Now I have family to help me and just when I needed it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!