Thursday, November 29, 2012

Marriage Certificate

We got a letter from the courthouse saying they haven't received our license yet and our 90 days is almost up.(You have 90 days from when you filed to have a ceremony and sign the certificate.)  I would call but I imagine it is like calling the DMV, a lot of waiting to be told "you need to talk to someone else".  So, I just went down to the courthouse and stood in line.  Forty minutes later, she tells me they received it but are still processing it.  My husband has been so worried about it, more than I was.  I figured it would be 6-8 weeks before we ever saw it.  He reminded me the other day that it has been a month!  Feels like it was a couple weeks.  I have changed my name on my resume but am still getting paid under my maiden name.  So I live in "limbo" until I get that certificate.  I hope we get it by the end of the year if only for tax reasons.  But that would make life easy, so probably not gonna happen.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck! I got lucky and my certificate came in the mail about a week and half after we got married. Being in the small world we are really in, a friend from college who works at the Los Angeles County Records Department, was the person who processed our request for a copy of our license. She sent me a message that it was on its way. Craziness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!