Sunday, November 11, 2012

I...I mean "We"

I swore at a young age I would never get married.  I thought boys were gross as a kid and then I became a feminist as a teenager.  Every date I went on I thought "how could these idiots (men) rule the world?"  Since men were people I did not respect very much, I decided to make my own fate and go it alone.  But the "dream" man always remained, even though it was far fetched and in no way existed in reality.  The beacon of hope never died even after the 50th horrible first date I went on!

I knew the day I met my husband that he was someone very special.  I didn't want to loose my identity as a independent spirit.  He explained our marriage would mean we would always be a family.  I wanted to build my business and keep my career.  He said he can work from home and take care of the house.  Every "negative" I could think of he would give me two positives.  The only one he didn't use that I can say now is that marriage is FUN!  I do feel very lucky and fortunate to be on this adventure together.

Tying up loose ends after the wedding, my husband said "it's under your name you might have to call."  To which I replied, "You can speak for me now, honey and I can speak for you too."  That is going to take some getting use to, but it's great to know we are equal on this.  Next step is to add his name to all my accounts, I will add my name to his once I get the Marriage Certificate back with my new name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!