Thursday, September 12, 2013

Whose side are you on?

We each have a side of the bed and it is so strange that we can't sleep on the others side.  We were at a hotel one time and both of us were tossing and turning; I couldn't figure out why we were so uncomfortable.  Then it dawned on me that we were sleeping the "wrong" side.  Why should it even make a difference?  We weren't even in our own bed!  Sharing the bed is not terribly hard as splitting other things.

Though I take up 2/3 of the closet space, he takes 2/3 of the book cases.  As much as we try to share, it is never going to be 50/50.  That's just not realistic.  Hubby has an ever growing vinyl collection.  I can tell him not to spend too much money but his collection is special to him and every find is a treasure.  We got a shelf to fit them and I asked for ONE cubby for myself.  I told him technically it's both our cubby since it is wedding memorabilia.  I thought it was a fair trade as I get to have something special on the shelf too.  

Our office is also split and we each get one wall for our own posters.  He puts up all his soccer stuff on his wall and I don't mind because he needs his own space and I don't have to look at it all day.  I feel bad for husbands who have to give up everything they like in their own house.   

The bathroom can be more difficult.  He likes to leave the door open and takes longer to shave than I do.  I still want SOME mystery and have to remind him; "I don't need to see that."  He doesn't lock the door either so I walked in on him twice in one day!  I gave in one day though, I had to pee so bad.  He was in the bathroom getting ready and I finally just walked in and shouted "can't wait any longer!"  We almost rented an apartment with two bathrooms and I thought "wouldn't that be great, no more uncomfortable emergencies."  But we didn't get it so the struggle continues.    


1 comment:

  1. Sharing a bathroom is the absolute worst. We still have not used the toilet while the other is getting ready outside of the shower, however when someone is in the shower, that is fair game. I'm dreaming about a future with more space and a second bathroom for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!