Friday, June 21, 2013

Opposites attracted

J and I are essentially opposites; I'm a night person, he is a morning one.  We don't even agree on strawberry or grape jelly on a peanut butter sandwich.  This works great for us as I remind him to loosen up a bit and he reminds me not to be so wild.  I don't understand his obsession with soccer and I don't bother to ask him to go shopping with me.  We don't have to see eye to eye on everything and that's what keeps our relationship interesting.  I always remind him of "the big picture".  We get stuck on the little details and making our point of view come across that it is easy to lose sight of what really matters.

We both agree that family is what matters most and it can be all taken away in a heart beat.  He has lost a lot of his family over the years and it has affected me dearly, as well.  Everyone says he is just like his father but I will never know, as he passed away when he was 5.  He has a wonderful step father and even though they are conservatives and we are liberal; we don't bring up politics or religion at the dinner table.  We prefer to keep the good memories of great food, stories and laughter.  

Life would be boring if we were all the same and as long as there is love there will always be family.  Sometimes, I don't know how me and my sisters can be related.  Now I am related to a man who is my "better half".


1 comment:

  1. I think opposites allow for a good balance in relationships that ultimately make them stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!