Sunday, March 17, 2013

Food = Love

There is an old saying the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Growing up dad always got the big piece of chicken and there was no shortage of food. My mother always cooked for ten people even though it was only 6. Now I have a hard time making smaller portions and pile on the food on my husband's plate. I cook traditional Mexican food and while I don't use all the lard my mom used; I don't skimp on the portions either. I don't want to make him fat; I just don't want to hear he is ever hungry after a meal. Yesterday I made him two bacon cheeseburgers with an extra side of bacon. He couldn't finish both so I know he was more than satisfied.

I don't mind special requests however I don't like critique of my cooking. There were plenty of times us kids told my mom, " I don't like that" and her response was "eat poop then." Making 3 meals day in and day out is taxing. Especially keeping is fresh and good for you. My husband cooks more than I do and I appreciate it so much. I eat pretty good on film sets I work on and make him a plate every chance I get. He gets jealous of he filet mignon lunches compared to his sandwich and chips, but I tell him it doesn't happen every day. I steal snacks from crafty and bring him his favorites. There is always leftovers so I get in good with catering and take trays full of food. One time I brought so much home my husband actually said "no more!" Food has so many memories for us, I try to make it special and good every chance I get. Our first date we shared some jerk chicken and I hope we don't stop sharing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!